Dr. Don Kachur
Professor Emeritus of Education
About Don Kachur
Donald S. Kachur is Professor Emeritus of Education from the Department of Curriculum and Instruction in the College of Education at Illinois State University (ISU), Normal, IL. While there, he served as the Director of Research, Grants, & Field Services in the College of Education from 1983-1999. He also served full-time as the Executive Director of the Illinois Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (Illinois ASCD) from 2001-2008. He brings to the consulting field a strong background in both the education and business fields in the areas of leadership, strategic planning, team building, group facilitation, communications, meeting design planning, grant writing, and professional development.
- Kachur, D. (2010). Classroom Walkthroughs to Improve Teaching and Learning. Larchmont, N.Y.: Eye on Education, Inc.
Articles (Most Recent)
- Kachur, D., Stout, J., & Edwards, C. (2010). Involving Teachers in Classroom Walkthroughs. Florida Education Leadership. Volume 11 (Number 1), pages 12-14.
- Hillman, D. & Kachur, D. (2010, June). The Can-Do Central Office. Journal of Staff Development. Volume 31 (Number 3), pages 18-20, 22.
- Classroom Instruction to Improve Teaching and Learning
- Conducting Effective Professional Conversations with Teachers
- Getting Funded: A Guide to Writing Grant Proposals
- Building Leadership Capacity through Teacher Leaders
- Classroom Walkthroughs: A Tool in the Improvement of Student Achievement
- Improving Teacher Selection through Better Interviewing
- Developing Effective Conferencing Skills with Teachers
- Supporting the Change Process Associated with New School Improvement Initiatives
- Learner-Focused Supervision and Evaluation