About Dennis Lewis
Dennis Lewis is an author, consultant, and co-founder of Edu-Safe LLC. He served seventeen years as the Director of School Policing for a large urban/suburban school district in the Midwest. He currently makes 100 plus presentations each year on the topics of bullying prevention, crisis planning and management, managing aggressive and violent behavior, student threat assessments, and the legal and practical application related to student searches. Additionally, he provides expert consulting and testimony for litigation.
- Brunner, J. & Lewis, D. (2009). Safe & Secure Schools: 27 Strategies for Prevention and Intervention. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
- Brunner, J. & Lewis, D. (2009). School House Bullies: Preventive Strategies for Professional Educators Training DVD and Facilitator's Guide. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
Articles (Most Recent)
- Brunner, J. & Lewis, D. (2010, Sept.). It Begins with a Conversation. Principal Leadership, 44-48.
- Brunner, J., Emmendorfer, B., & Lewis, D. (2009, January). Assessing Student Threats. Principal Leadership, 40-45.
- Brunner, J. & Lewis, D. (2008, Oct.). Provide guidelines for appropriate teacher student contact. The School Discipline Advisor, p. 6.
- Student Threat Assessments: An Appropriate Response to a Growing Problem
- Safe and Secure Schools: An Interactive Workshop for Enhancing School Safety
- Providing Teachers Tools for Safe Classrooms
- Enhancing Emergency Response Plans for the 21st Century
- Managing the Media During and After a School Emergency Event
- Identifying and Managing the Aggressive or Violent Individual in a School Setting
- Bullying, Harassment, and Hazing: Liabilities, Strategies, and Answers for the 21st Century Educator
- Interviewing and Searching Students: Legal and Practical Applications